Heppenstalls are a well-established firm offering client services to a mainly local clientele from its offices located in New Milton and Lymington.
Heppenstalls carry out often high value and complex work for long-established clients.
At Heppenstalls Solicitors there is a relaxed, but professional, working culture and an open-door policy. High standards and excellent client service are the key to our success.
Heppenstalls Solicitors are looking to recruit a full time Conveyancing Assistant based in our New Milton Office.
This position will be based primarily in the firms New Milton office with occasional travel to Lymington.
Key duties will include:
- Ordering Land Charges searches and Bankruptcy searches.
- Updating, chasing and making enquiries with other Solicitors, Estate Agents and other third parties
- Ordering redemption statements from lenders.
- Dealing with Land Registry registrations.
- Drafting exchange and completion letters and bills and sending out the Deeds on sale files.
- Drafting Transfers, Replies to Requisitions and preparing completion statements and dealing with apportionments when required
- Advising clients as to completion of their matter
- Arranging release of keys and obtaining access for clients.
- Preparing appropriate forms for incoming monies and disbursements
- Liaising with and updating clients and third parties when required
- Assisting fee earners in dealing with pre-contract enquiries from buyers’ solicitors
- Providing holiday and sickness cover for other support staff within the Company upon request.
- Billing clients and credit control
- Preparing contract packages
- Dealing with and fielding telephone enquiries
- Opening files and dealing with client care/identity verification
- General office duties which include photocopying, sending and receiving faxes and processing post
- Data Protection – Ensuring all documents of a sensitive nature are stored correctly including clients files, ID, Financial Information, correspondence etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess previous experience of working in a conveyancing department. You will be comfortable liaising with fee earners, colleagues and clients whilst communicating concisely both verbally and in writing.
You should be able to take instructions and deal with clients in a manner which is both professional and empathetic. You will have a positive attitude, able to work to tight deadlines and deal with a high work volume with good attention to detail and strong IT skills.
To apply for any of our roles, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing your salary expectations to Krysia Watson on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01425 610078.
Heppenstalls Solicitors are an equal opportunities employer.